The key Sales Strategy Questions.
Asking and answering a series of sales strategy questions will help a business identify and take advantage of the best opportunities to sell better and more often. Also Sales leaders who acknowledge the new selling reality need to know how to answer questions like:
- Does the business have a market development lead strategy (selling more of same product to same/new customers) or a product development strategy (selling new products to same/new customers)?
- Who is the business selling to? Does it know which market segments have the best growth rates?
- What is the most effective means of reaching target customers and what is the cost in taking this route?
- How does marketing and sales share the workload and collaborate?
- How does the business equip the sellers (direct, indirect, partners) with the right content, expertise and skills to navigate the customers’ buying journey and then differentiate the business value proposition?
- Does the business collect and analyse data to forecast which products customers are likely to buy or trends developing?
- What is the most effective sales and distribution model?
“To compete in today’s customer educated world, companies got to have something different. The product must higher quality, easier to use, more convenient to buy, or a better fit than the competition.”Full article can be read on-line at The Bitter Business Sales Strategy Plan